AVID - Awaken Village Interest In Dance
AVID (Awaken Village Interest in Dance) was a community project to bring traditional dancing to rural areas. After lockdown it was resurected as Village Dance.
It is non profit-making and is sponsored by a number of community and private organisations.
Low-cost "DIY Ceilidhs" are held monthly at villages in North Nottinghamshire and the Isle of Axholme
(North Lincolnshire) where all are welcome as musicians, callers or dancers.
AVID BARN DANCES 2022/23
Come and enjoy an evening of dance at the following venues
8 p.m. until 10.30 p.m. , admission, a staggering £2
bring your own drink (and food if you want)
All dances are the SECOND WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH
- Wednesday 12 October, 2022 All Saints Church Centre, Stockshill, Belton. DN9 1PA.
- Please note All Saints Church Centre is a new venue. There is limited parking but also parking on the road.
- Stockshill is on the left going north up the A161, or turning right as you come south on the A161.
- Wednesday 9 November, 2022 Imperial Hall, Chapel Street, Epworth, DN9 1HJ
- Wednesday 14 December, 2022 Finningley Village Hall, Rectory Ln, Finningley, DN9 3DA
- Wednesday 11 January, 2023, Hatfield Woodhouse Village Hall, Main St, Hatfield Woodhouse, DN7 6NG
For directions or information, contact numbers are as below.
For further AVID information contact the Webmaster:firstname.lastname@example.org
Go ToTop Of Page
The NEW Village Dance website with newsletter and further details is still under construction
Bracken Rigg Barn Dance Band
Paper Sculpture Workshops by Shelagh Wing
Page Last Updated:15th September, 2022