BRACKEN RIGG BARN DANCE BAND
Question. What is Bracken Rigg?
Find Bracken Rigg on Google maps O/S
Answer. A Roman fort at the Western end of Hadrian's Wall?
WRONG, It is South Yorkshire's most popular traditional accordion
band, playing for Barn Dances and Ceilidhs for over 30 years.
Brackenrigg is the Roman Fort, but we are nearly as ancient.
THE BARN DANCE BAND
||Sheffield, Leeds, Lincs, Notts
||Scottish/ Irish/ English Barn Dance / Ceilidh (Specialising in Northumbrian tunes),
||Old Tyme & Modern, Singsong
|Choice of Lineup:
||Piano Accordion, Fiddle (optional), String or Electric Bass (optional), Mandola (optional)
||Snare drum or Bodhoran, Second Accordion (optional), Concertina (optional)
||Choice of witty callers, some of whom are instrumentalists
|Public Liability Insurance - click to enlarge
Go ToTop Of Page
Our aim is to offer ...
- Top class traditional music and dance.
- A versatile package to suit your event.
- Very competitive pricing (pay for how many musicians you require).
- All in all, a very professional customer sevice.
Our entertainment ...
- A unique and exciting blend of instrumental music performed by a group of highly experienced musicians.
No matter what the occasion ~ Barn Dances ~ Ceilidh Dances
~ Weddings ~ Scottish Country Dances ~
Club or corporate functions ~ Birthdays ~ Anniversaries
Bracken Rigg Barn Dance Band will make your event special
Extensive experience of organising weddings, ceilidhs, parties,
Burns' night/ St Andrew's night/ Hogmanay
and St. Patrick's night events
Go ToTop Of Page
- We charge per musician and on distance so costs range between
- minimum around 100 pounds per musician for an average local 3 hour gig (local being central Doncaster).
- to nearer 130 pounds per musician for gigs further away.
- We do try to keep within a 60 mile radius of Doncaster, unless it is a gig which particularly suits our speciality.
- If you do want a Scottish band we may travel - if you don't want a Scottish band and there are nearer bands, we may decide it is too far..
- If a gig is too far away, we will always try to fit you up with a nearer band with our recomendation.
- All things are negotiable, but if you think we are expensive, try some other bands (charging £200 more than us), then come back..
- If you still think we are expensive, get in touch and tell us what you want.
- If you want an amateur band on the cheap, fair enough -you get what you pay for. They will probably have more musicians as none of them are soloists in their own right, they will not be as organised (to us, it is second nature), they will probably play the same tune many times as their repertoire will be smaller, they will not be as slick starting and finishing together and may be unrehearsed.
- If you want a band who can offer advise, turn up and help organise so things just happen, thats what we do.
- Why do you think some people have been booking us back for 25 years plus?
- We encourage people to perform live at gigs and are quite happy to share the stage with other musicians. We do need to know beforehand though, so we can discuss the practicalities and advise how it will work well. We do not expect to arrive and find a stage full of unexpected rock band equipment.
- DISCOS SHOULD NOT BE SEEN NOR HEARD - It is the bands preference NOT to play alongside a disco unless by prior arrangement. A number of people tried it on with us recently by telling us at the last minute, or not at all. We felt very let down and do not want this to happen in future. "I forgot" is no excuse.
- Please read our very comprehensive ticklist (see above) for our reasons, and if you really feel the need for loud music, we will be happy to discuss (and may try to disuade you).
- We normally charge a non-returnable deposit so only accept bookings confirmed in writing.
- Despite a comprehensive ticklist (see above) on how to organise a barn dance, we still encounter people wanting to cancel at short notice (generally because the ticklist suggestions have not all been exhausted) and although we would much rather play than get a cancellation fee, we have to charge a cancellation fee as we will have turned down other work.
- In the event of written cancellation, we try to get another gig otherwise we would charge 50% of the fee if cancelled at two weeks notice and the full fee if cancelled at one weeks notice.
For information call 01302 784561 (speak to Herbert 2 the Band Cat - 24 hrs.)
If leaving a band enquiry with Herbert's answering service, could you leave the date and place then I can reply with a free/not free call straight away
or mobile 07713 155416
Page Last Updated: 6th September, 2015
Go ToTop Of Page
SIGN / VIEW THE BRACKEN RIGG BAND GUESTBOOK